I have a unique premium and luxury brand and marketing strategy background. Having worked with rare clients, such as airtours, Lufthansa, Zalando and Mercedes-Benz, in the high-end sector, I have achieved outstanding results through hard work and attention to detail.
In addition, I have led several premium brand relaunches and highly complex premium brand transformation projects via clear processes and a strong commitment. My passion for business, brand and integrated marketing excellence is reflected in my expertise in establishing, maintaining, and sustaining optimum brand awareness through my strategic leadership capabilities.
I also rely on a network of international specialists for the management, execution and implementation of the projects, depending on the project’s scope and its specific skill requirements. To execute each project, I work with dedicated teams both off site in one of the 200+ WeWork offices worldwide and also on site with the client.
Please find an overview of the most recent and high-profile projects and responsibilities of my career below.
Zalando Outlet Stores
Interim Marketing Lead in Germany
- Consumer insight generation
- Marketing & Customer activation strategies
- Strategic CRM and digital transformation strategy/UX
- Creative Messaging, tactical campaigning & partnerships
- Expansion & Store Opening communications
- Budget & KPI responsibility, media (ROI/CLV) planning
World-leader in CPG Tech (B2B)
Delivered the international transformation for a premium B2B brand
- Customer insight generation
- Brand transformation and transition strategies
- Productisation and naming strategies
- Corporate change and communication strategies
- Creative Messaging, Value Proposition Design
‘Thank you, Marcus, you’ve been great!’ – Geschäftsleitung, VORN Strategy Consulting
Lufthansa (B2C and B2B)
Head of the Lufthansa “New Premium” Brand Refresh at DDB, Germany
Led and managed the strategic direction for the Lufthansa new premium brand refresh (BTL) and Lufthansa Group Airlines rebranding for DDB Tribal, Hamburg.
- Provided expertise and leadership in the transition for Lufthansa BTL, digital and CRM account for DDB Tribal and Lufthansa.
- Led Lufthansa New Premium Brand Refresh by establishing key performance indicators on the development, requirements
andmanagement of projects, sans compromising the goals and profit of the organization.
- Culture change and transformation, transition and team building.
- Development of brand and digital strategy, platform concepts,
toneof voice, CRM, including BX/UX/UI.
- Content strategies and asset production.
‘Thank you, Marcus! We couldn’t have done it without you!’ – Member of the Management Board, DDB Tribal
CRM account transition and set-up, CRM strategies and digitalisation
Led the transition for the CRM account of 7 digits of budget for Mercedes-Benz, including Mercedes-Benz Cars, Mercedes Maybach, Mercedes me, and Pullman lines, within a highly complex start-up business of 6 months young with fast-growing environment. Provided education for the creation team and a culture task force due to a huge increase of multinational and multicultural personnel entering the company after the second month of assumption.
Institutionalisedstrategies and concepts.
- Managed customer acquisitions and brand-building campaigns for more than 128 markets, CH, EU, and
- Planned and s
upervisedthe launching of communication for more than 13 new car series for the global markets which was delivered within the scheduled period and on the budget by collaborating with all business units.
- Managed 2 CRM consultants and additional, dedicated campaign teams.
- Implemented business development and change strategy for CRM which is the cornerstone of all marketing and campaign activities.
- Initiated the development of new products, services, and applications.
- Monitored budget expenditures, and advised and supported the clients in the restructuring process for digital transformation of the specific business area.
- Achieved the second best client rating among all agency units, securing agency bonuses and increasing engagement, for two consecutive
period, which was a clear indication of strong and trustful client relations and improvement in all areas of the account.
“Marcus has an excellent understanding of CRM. He was a real asset for us—and the reason why we rated the agency better.” – Director CRM and Campaigning Mercedes-Benz
airtours Luxury Travel Brand (B2B, B2B2C and B2C)
Relaunch, digitisation, CRM and marketing strategies for airtours, the luxury brand of TUI travel
Won airtours luxury brand account for Wunderman and led and managed the strategic direction for the airtours brand relaunch. Mastered the roll-out on time, on budget and within nine months of winning the pitch.
- Led and supervised brand vision to brand excellence
- Led the implementation of the brand identity in Germany and Russia (B2B/B2C/B2B2C).
- Provided expertise and leadership for more than 88 people, 5 offices in 2 countries involved, 30 direct reports.
- Developed winning marketing strategies (B2B/B2B2C/B2C), communication plans and customer journeys.
- Planned stakeholder events and launch communication.
- Consulted for CRM strategies, CRM technologies
‘You did great work. And it was truly an amazing time I’ll never forget!’ – Director Brand Excellence,
Vattenfall Europe (B2C)
Relaunch and digitalisation of the “Vattenfall Highlights” loyalty program
Supervised the account Vattenfall Europe and its loyalty program “Vattenfall Highlights.” for The Wunderman Network.
- Set up and supervised an integrated team for quarterly releases (direct, online, eCRM).
- Planned budget, communication strategy and program development.
- Led change and initiatives for the digitalization of the program.
- Developed concepts for print and web publishing processes, and program activation.
Citibank Germany (B2C)
Integrated marketing, rebranding and transition
Supervised the account and an integrated agency team (15+ people) for The Wunderman Network.
- Developed strategies and concepts for above and below the line, direct and remote/online media.
- Led various campaigns and lead generation projects.
- Led rebranding processes from Citibank Germany to Targobank through several pitches.
Lufthansa Miles & More Credit Card (B2B and B2B)
Led the brand flip from Visa to MasterCard and CRM for the Lufthansa Miles & More Credit Card
Won brand flip project for weigertpirouzwolf and led and managed the strategic direction for the brand flip from VISA to MasterCard. Mastered the holistic relaunch on time, on budget and within six months.
- Planned, budgeted and led the brand flip.
- Provided expertise and leadership for more than 20 people across 6 companies involved, 6 direct reports.
Led the turn-around, changes and transition to secure the key account for weigertpirouzwolf. Set up and supervised an integrated dialogue marketing unit as consquence, responsible for creative conception, budgeting, production services and quality management (team of six people).
- Planned and executed CRM program activities (acquisition, loyalty, churn, retention).
- Led the holistic brand flip for the account from VISA to MasterCard across various stakeholders and partner companies.
EnBW/Die SüdBeste (B2C)
Led the brand and loyalty program launch for EnBW
Supervised the account and led the implementation and launching of the new SüdBest brand across all channels and media (ATL, Out of Home, Direct, CRM) for weigertpirouzwolf.
- Managed program communication and activation.
- Monitored budgeting, managed and supervised photo productions and ensured integrated campaign experience (ATL, BTL, direct, CRM).
markilux® (B2C and B2B)
Led the brand relaunch for the premium brand markilux®
Won markilux® Account for KP&Z, managed the strategic direction and implementation of the holistic brand relaunch (B2C, B2B).
KONICA MINOLTA (B2B)
Led the rebranding and CRM campaigns for KONICA MINOLTA Europe
“Konicaminolta-123.de” Print-on-Demand Publishing Platform
Designed print-on-demand publishing platform, Konicaminolta-123.de.
- Business model, UI/UX concepts, template developments and implementation.
- Naming, branding and roll-out communication.
“Scranning” CRM Campaign
Planned, executed and managed the real-time CRM campaign “Scranning” for Konica Minolta, awarded the DDP Deutscher Dialogmarketing Preis 2004 best in class.
- Recruited, built, trained, coached and supervised dedicated campaign team of ten people.
- Led infrastructure development (technology, processes, tools, CRM software, In-/Outbound Services).
“e-bizhub” CPC Tracking Platform
Gained experience in transformative business models (e-business digitalization).
- Platform conception, platform implementation and management.
- Developed the concept for the international e-bizhub platform for dealerships and their clients.
- Managed platform implementation and roll out.
Supervised the account, led national change strategy, local rebranding (B2B, B2B2B) and implemented several online and offline measures and campaigns after the merger of KONICA and MINOLTA.
- Gained experience in mergers, relaunches, brand transition and transformative business models.
- Led several B2B acquisition, product and brand awareness DM campaigns across all channels and media.
- Led literature development and various CeBIT activities.
- Directed and implemented DDP and Red Dot Design Award campaigns in 2004.