Integrated Brand & Marketing Excellence
Marcus has a very unique premium and luxury brand and marketing strategy background, and has worked with rare clients like airtours, Lufthansa and Mercedes-Benz in the high-end sector, achieving outstanding results through hard work, performance and attention to the detail.
In addition he has led several premium brand relaunches and highly complex premium brand transformation projects in his career which is connected to a clear process and strong commitment. His passion for brand and integrated marketing excellence has been repeatedly proven including his expertise in establishing, maintaining and sustaining optimum brand awareness through his leadership capabilities.
Please find an overview of the most recent and important projects of Marcus’ career below.
Corporate Change Strategy
Marcus has led or was directly involved in strategic change management for the following brands and companies:
antoni – Digital workforce, culture change for the start-up
airtours, TUI Luxury – Turn around, holistic relaunch and development of new travel products and services
DDB Tribal – Lufthansa account setup and transition, B2C/B2B
Konica Minolta Europe – Rebranding, internal, external and partner structure
Lufthansa – ‘New Premium’ brand refresh
Lufthansa Group Airlines – Rebranding and marketing transformation
Lufthansa Miles & More Credit Card – Brand flip, VISA to MasterCard
Mercedes-Benz – Digital transformation of global CRM
Lufthansa “New Premium” Brand Refresh
Led transition for Lufthansa and DDB Tribal, 2017–2018
Led and managed the strategic direction for the Lufthansa new premium brand refresh (BTL) and Lufthansa Group Airlines rebranding for DDB Tribal.
- Provided expertise and leadership in the transition for Lufthansa BTL, digital and CRM account for DDB Tribal and Lufthansa.
- Development of brand and digital strategy, platform concepts, tone of voice, CRM, including BX/UX/UI, content and asset production, culture change and transformation, transition, and team building.
- Led Lufthansa New Premium Brand Refresh by establishing key performance indicators on the development, requirements and management of projects, sans compromising the goals and profit of the organization.
CRM Account Set-up, 2016–2017
Led the transition for the CRM account of 7 digits of budget for Mercedes-Benz, including Mercedes-Benz Cars, Mercedes Maybach, Mercedes me, and Pullman lines, within a highly complex start-up business of 6 months young with fast-growing environment. Provided education for the creation team and a culture task force due to a huge increase of multinational and multicultural personnel entering the company after the second month of assumption.
- Institutionalised strategies and concepts and managed customer acquisitions and brand-building campaigns for more than 128 markets in CH, EU, and US.
- Supervised the launching of communication for more than 13 new car series for the global markets which was delivered within the scheduled period and on the budget by collaborating with all business units.
- Managed 2 CRM consultants and additional, dedicated campaign teams and implemented business development and change strategy for CRM which is the cornerstone of all marketing and campaign activities.
- Initiated the development of new products, services, and applications, monitored budget expenditures, and advised and supported the clients in the restructuring process for digital transformation of the specific business area.
- Achieved the second best client rating among all agency units, securing agency bonuses and increasing engagement, for two consecutive period, which was a clear indication of strong and trustful client relations and improvement in all areas of the account.
Luxury Brand Relaunch (TUI travel, luxury division), 2009 – 2012
Won airtours luxury brand account for Wunderman and led and managed the strategic direction for the airtours brand relaunch. Mastered the roll-out on time, on budget and within nine months of winning the pitch.
- Led and supervised brand vision to brand excellence and the implementation of the brand identity in Germany and Russia (B2B/B2C/B2B2C).
- Provided expertise and leadership for more than 88 people, 5 offices in 2 countries involved, 30 direct reports.
- Developed communication plans and customer journeys, planned stakeholder events and launch communication.
- Consulted for CRM strategies (B2B/B2B2C/B2C), technologies and implementation.
“Vattenfall Highlights.” Loyalty Program, 2008 – 2012
Supervised the account Vattenfall Europe and its loyalty program “Vattenfall Highlights.” for The Wunderman Network.
- Set up and supervised an integrated team for quarterly releases (direct, online, eCRM).
- Planned budget, communication strategy and program development.
- Led change and initiatives for the digitalization of the program.
- Developed concepts for print and web publishing processes, and program activation.
Integrated Marketing & Rebranding, 2008 – 2009
Supervised the account and an integrated agency team (15+ people) for The Wunderman Network.
- Developed strategies and concepts for above and below the line, direct and remote/online media.
- Led various campaigns and lead generation projects.
- Led rebranding processes from Citibank Germany to Targobank through several pitches.
Lufthansa Miles & More Credit Card
Brand Flip, Visa to MasterCard, 2006 – 2007
Won brand flip project for weigertpirouzwolf and led and managed the strategic direction for the brand flip from VISA to MasterCard. Mastered the holistic relaunch on time, on budget and within six months.
- Planned, budgeted and led the brand flip.
- Provided expertise and leadership for more than 20 people across 6 companies involved, 6 direct reports.
Account Reset, 2006
Led the turn-around, changes and transition to secure the key account for weigertpirouzwolf. Set up and supervised an integrated dialogue marketing unit as consquence, responsible for creative conception, budgeting, production services and quality management (team of six people).
- Planned and executed CRM program activities (acquisition, loyalty, churn, retention).
- Led the holistic brand flip for the account from VISA to MasterCard across various stakeholders and partner companies.
Brand and Loyalty Program Launch for EnBW, 2007
Supervised the account and led the implementation and launching of the new SüdBest brand across all channels and media (ATL, Out of Home, Direct, CRM) for weigertpirouzwolf.
- Managed program communication and activation.
- Monitored budgeting, managed and supervised photo productions and ensured integrated campaign experience (ATL, BTL, direct, CRM).
Brand Relaunch, 2004
Won markilux® Account for KP&Z, managed the strategic direction and implementation of the holistic brand relaunch (B2C, B2B).
KONICA MINOLTA Europe
“Konicaminolta-123.de” Print-on-Demand Publishing Platform, 2003-2006
Designed print-on-demand publishing platform, Konicaminolta-123.de.
- Business model, UI/UX concepts, template developments and implementation.
- Naming, branding and roll-out communication.
“Scranning” CRM Campaign, 2003-2004
Planned, executed and managed the real-time CRM campaign “Scranning” for Konica Minolta, awarded the DDP Deutscher Dialogmarketing Preis 2004 best in class.
- Recruited, built, trained, coached and supervised dedicated campaign team of ten people.
- Led infrastructure development (technology, processes, tools, CRM software, In-/Outbound Services).
“e-bizhub” CPC Tracking Platform, 2003-2004
Gained experience in transformative business models (e-business digitalization).
- Platform conception, platform implementation and management.
- Developed the concept for the international e-bizhub platform for dealerships and their clients.
- Managed platform implementation and roll out.
Supervised the account, led national change strategy, local rebranding (B2B, B2B2B) and implemented several online and offline measures and campaigns after the merger of KONICA and MINOLTA.
- Gained experience in mergers, relaunches, brand transition and transformative business models.
- Led several B2B acquisition, product and brand awareness DM campaigns across all channels and media.
- Led literature development and various CeBIT activities.
- Directed and implemented DDP and Red Dot Design Award campaigns in 2004.